If you are reading this you probably have a decent idea of who I am. Which is definitely not the typical Hyderabadi. I do like Hyderabad as a city but I cannot claim to be one of its true residents as per the standards set by them. For a start I don't speak Hyderabadi hindi (with its howlays) and I like to reach on time. Yesterday we went to my parents friends party and talked to their sons.There couldn't have been more typical Hyderabadis.I don't mean t say that all Hyderabadis are of the desciption I am giving below.They well obviously spoke Hyderabadi hindi with the word howlay easily slipping off their tongue.We were all talking about New Year plans. This guy who was 18 years old knew about all the party places in town. All the pubs, the best hotels to party in. Spoil is owned by ... and Bottles and Chimneys is owned by ...My friends's friend's father owns this and that. Novotel in not that great this year. Spoil is good. I wouldn't trust my evening with the new pub ... that just opened. There is some rush there due to the novelty but um... I am throwing a huge party calling 100 people at skybar. okk!!
So this was just the start.The topic then went to the god of cricket Sachin Tendulkar.This guy seriously worships him.I just think he should retire quickly.He is an awesome cricketer but he is just not in form now.Give the youngsters a chance man. People who have seen you playing while growing up are now playing alongside you.It is quite awesome but there is an age-limit to playing.And you need to be in form.He also thought that Sachin Tendulkar would easily win if he stood for PM. I obviously disagreed.And so we argued.Then came the topic of Salman Khan. I don't like his movies.I haven't seen Ready, Bodyguard, Dabang ,Dabang 2,Ek tha tiger.I have no intentions of seeing them also. I don't think his movies make any sense.Just one look at the trailer which seems to bombard every channel I view tells me enough.
They lived by the slogan "Live Life Mallya Size".They preferred Vijay Mallya to Ratan Tata. Who cares about leaving behind a legacy.You are not going to be there after you die so why worry.Enjoy life."Their defence for Mallya not paying salary to his employees is-They din't complain when they got bonuses".Vijay Mallya has 122 mansions around the world.We want live life like him.Me and my sister look upto Ratan Tata and were mourning his retirement.And we were obviously surprised by such a view point.We both also joblessly read and remembered that Ratan Tata has 2 dogs Tito and Tango.
Meeting these people just made me realize how radically different people's views can get and it was mildly entertaining to argue with them.
(I had intended to post this more than a month ago).
So this was just the start.The topic then went to the god of cricket Sachin Tendulkar.This guy seriously worships him.I just think he should retire quickly.He is an awesome cricketer but he is just not in form now.Give the youngsters a chance man. People who have seen you playing while growing up are now playing alongside you.It is quite awesome but there is an age-limit to playing.And you need to be in form.He also thought that Sachin Tendulkar would easily win if he stood for PM. I obviously disagreed.And so we argued.Then came the topic of Salman Khan. I don't like his movies.I haven't seen Ready, Bodyguard, Dabang ,Dabang 2,Ek tha tiger.I have no intentions of seeing them also. I don't think his movies make any sense.Just one look at the trailer which seems to bombard every channel I view tells me enough.
They lived by the slogan "Live Life Mallya Size".They preferred Vijay Mallya to Ratan Tata. Who cares about leaving behind a legacy.You are not going to be there after you die so why worry.Enjoy life."Their defence for Mallya not paying salary to his employees is-They din't complain when they got bonuses".Vijay Mallya has 122 mansions around the world.We want live life like him.Me and my sister look upto Ratan Tata and were mourning his retirement.And we were obviously surprised by such a view point.We both also joblessly read and remembered that Ratan Tata has 2 dogs Tito and Tango.
Meeting these people just made me realize how radically different people's views can get and it was mildly entertaining to argue with them.
(I had intended to post this more than a month ago).
No comments:
Post a Comment